Wednesday 4 November 2009

2 Weddings and a Hangover

This weekend was rather hectic. Friday I stayed in and watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was different. It has really catchy tunes however which plagued my mind for a few days still I'm glad I watched it.

Saturday was Halloween so naturally I had two weddings to attend. Attending two weddings would be difficult for mere mortals but I took it my stride. The first started at 2 and the second at 6. SO if I skipped the reception of the first I could attend the reception of other, pure genius.

I arrive in Beith near the first weddingat 1 and ask a local how to get to the venue. Local man says go to pub and phone taxi. I arrive at said pub, lovely pub it was and it had football on, today will be a good day. The taxi takes half and hour and which then takes me to the venue. It was a lovely wedding but I did not know many people so I drank a fair bit. I got drunk actaully I left the first do of the day at 6.30pm rather intoxiacated. I asked the taxi man to drop me off at near a cash machine and bus stop. The cash machine swallows my fucking card I'm not happy about this but my bus comes so I jump on and head to Glasgow as I have another do to attend.

I phone my flat mate and kindly inform him of the situation and he loans me £30 to go to the other wedding. I quickly go home pick up some, cash knock back a whiskey and off I go to continue the party. Now I arrive at thsi wedding mid speech and quitely hang back before meeting up with some people I know and continuing to drink.

I meet a young lady who catches my eye but she is stubbornly resistant to my charms. SO i number rape her. I did not come up with that term but basically I grab her phone and called myself in a smooth manaouvre to get her number. I have been permanently cringing about that for around 3 days. The rest of the night is a blur apparently I got home about 1.30 which meant I was on a 12 hour drinking session, I do not handle those well.

Sunday was fun, I woke up spewed went back to bed for an hour got up showered changed, collapsed on my couch to watch the football while I built up the energy to make a tea. About 10 minutes pass and I think right I shall now make tea. So I pause the tv and try to get up, I cant. 30 minutes pass of me sitting in silence trying to get up for tea. I eventually manage this and it felt good.

I watched Goals on Sunday and waitied for the Rangers game to start.

I'll admit watching Rangers has been a bit of a chore this season as the standard of football has been poor at best. I enjoy it when they win but overall the standard is pretty low. When I flicked over too the Rangers vs Dundee United match with some apprehension as I felt it would be a difficult game. However it was actually a very good game of football both teams played well and there were plenty of chances.

I had to pause it after 20minutes for an emergency bacon and egg sandwich but when I came back I hit play and still the remaining 25 minutes were again top quality. Half time came and Rangers were winning so all is right with the world I fast forward through half time eagerly anticipating another cracking half but no the game is abandoned. Bamtards the first SPL game I have enjoyed form a footballing perspective is abandoned leaving me to wallowing in self pity again.



No comments:

Post a Comment