Monday 5 October 2009

Stuff I Have Watched

Been watching a lot of films recently so I thought write down my opinions.

500 Days of Summer- Good I rather enjoyed this romantic comedy taken from a guys perspective. It is really quite close to the bone at times but it is rather refreshing to see a film about a straightforward relationship that goes wrong instead of the usually cheesy pish about mad dashes to the airport etc.

The Surrogates- Bad and generally pointless

Hocus Pocus- I had not seen it since I've as 12 and it is okay to be fair, but you know a film is old when Sarah Jessica Parker plays the hot sister. It was a worthwhile film to watch while I rammed down some Chinese food and wine.

Candyman-Somehow this escaped me until now, it was a really good gothic horror that relies on suspense as well as some gore but nothing too over the top.The standard of acting was pretty decent which was good as poor acting is the downfall fo many a horror. I'm definitely going to check out the sequel now.

Gamer-the new film from the Crank guys (I love Crank), its not that great it has moments of humour and loads of over the top action which I expected but I think they were aiming for satire at points and it just did not work.

Pandorum- An almost good film it starts of as a quite good sci-fi horror, almost like The Descent in Space but the last 20 minutes are so poorly written and terrible it offended me. It annoys the piss out of me when a film ends poorly and Jesus this fucked up big time. I would rant more about this but it si not worth my time.

Species-Another film that elduded me until now, good cast and it is a decent wee film. Not the best film ever made but it works and it kept me entertained for 90 minutes which was the point of it. For a mid 90's it has surprisingly good CGI for its time too which was nice. I like sci-fi horror tand this is a good example of the genre unlike Pandorum.

Up next is Monster House and Amityviille Horror

No comments:

Post a Comment